When I Was A Bride...

Photo by: Rain Lamar
It opens a new chapter of my life. We know for the fact that every girl dreams of walking down the aisle and being the most beautiful bride anyone could ever lay their eyes on her wedding day. Nobody or no one could ever stop a bride in making her dream wedding come true, or else you will unleashed the so-called, "BRIDEZILLA".

Anyway, if you happened to be a bride-to-be and reading this post, I am not trying to scare you at all. I just wanted to share my own experience when I was a bride myself. Ladies, let's face it, no matter how much you tell yourself that everything is taken care of and it's under your control - the truth is you're all dealing with so much stress and eventually you can't hide it anymore. One way of the other, you will find yourself cursing and hating everyone who doesn't agree with your personal choices and decisions. As a bride, you have this sort of feeling that a wedding has to be perfect and the bride has to look her best, but the truth is nobody or nothing in this world is perfect.

I may be very particular with details even the small ones, but I don't consider myself perfect. I am one of those sweet loving girls who's fond of anything cute and girly. I would consider myself a daddy's girl, but not the spoiled one. My family would treat me like a princess in a sense that I am my parent's only girl, but I am not one of those divas or drama queen. I don't like arguments because I find it annoying. When problem arises, as much as possible I want to deal it in a calmed and relaxed manner, no screaming or yelling at each other. I like to dress up sometimes, and I do my own pedicure and manicure. I am just a happy and simple girl with simple dreams in life. In short, I am a low maintenance girl and lipstick is something that I can't live without inside my purse!

When Marco (who is now my husband) and I decided to get married, the first thing that we talked about was the budget for our wedding. Budget does play an important role in planning your wedding because you would know if what kind of wedding celebration you can afford to have. I guess if you're one of those Disney Princesses, of course, your wedding would be perfect and you don't have to think about the budget. Well, you shouldn't worry so much if you're budget is just enough. You can still have your dream wedding come true! You just have to know if what are the important things that you need to consider for your wedding and be more resourceful then everything will be alright. Always seek your partner's opinion because from there you'll be able to incorporate your ideas and come up with better options. As a bride, you shouldn't limit yourself in doing all the preparations by yourself, make sure that you try to involve your in it because it would make the wedding planning and preparation more exciting. Plus, you can always use the internet to gather some inspiration and creative ideas. If you are artistic and could come up with something creative, then use it as a tool in making some DIY projects for your wedding. There are so many options out there that you can take, you just need to be more practical.

Since I was in a Long Distance Relationship, my husband was in Canada and I am in the Philippines - it wasn't easy for to go through the whole process of the wedding preparation. I have to be more organized with everything and find the most reasonable suppliers who will be working with us on the day of our wedding. Planning your own wedding takes a lot of hard work and dedication. It also takes a lot of patience and motivation for a bride to maker wedding day a memorable one, because it's not all the time that things go on as the way you planned them. There will always be mishaps along the way, so it's better to be prepared and always expect the unexpected. I did a lot of DIY projects for our wedding which help us cut the cost of the wedding expenses. I also tried to be more resourceful and used whatever I find useful at home, such as my old dress on my 18th birthday which I asked the seamstress to turn it into a new dress for me and the other materials of the dress will be for my flower girl. I also designed and made our wedding invitation from scratch with the help of my husband. I always make the time to meet up with our suppliers to discuss everything and if there are any changes.

The truth about being a bride, you will find yourself breakdown at some point of the planning process. I went to the same experience when my aunt told me to invite this and that for my wedding when she was aware that we only limit the number of guests at the reception. Then worst of all, my computer broke down two months prior to the wedding, I feel so shattered because I wasn't able to backup some of the files that I had for our wedding. Well, that didn't stop me from moving on. Honestly, GETTING MARRIED may be one of the those memorable and exciting events in our lives, but you should be aware for the fact that it could be the most stressful one. You will experience severe anxiety, suddenly you get insomnia, at times that you had this kind of feeling that you're fat and horrible, you became self-obsessed, you also tend to lost your appetite or sometimes hungry like you haven't eaten in days, but most of all you get too emotional and sensitive especially if you don't get what you needed. However, if you're clear enough to notice that you're becoming the classic Bridezilla and torturing yourself and everyone else, I guess it's time for you to step back and try to composed yourself or express your difficult feeling to your groom.

De-stress is very important for any bride even if it's the last thing that you have to do. I can guarantee that you need it because it helps freshened your body, mind, and soul. A good massage or any beauty regimen will help clear your mind and gives you a much better perspective in dealing with other important things. As a bride, you need to be firm and strong with your decisions even if you're trying to please a lot of people. In the end, it is your wedding day and you're happy sharing that special moment of your life with your lifetime partner. Like they always say, laughter is the best medicine. So, never ever underestimate its power because laughing at your own self and thing things that you have done for your wedding would make magical and beautiful memories.

Anyway, it is really a fun and memorable experience to be a bride wearing the most beautiful dress on your wedding day. After all that you had to go through, before you know it, you're walking down the aisle seeing your groom's smiling face and for that very moment everything was just right. Then you would tell yourself that it was all worth it!
 

2 comments

  1. Couldn't have wrote it better. I think this blog will help readers and bride-to-be's to better prepare themselves for that big day. Good job with the article sweetie :) from your loving husband :* <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww sweetie, you're such a darling sweetheart. I feel so grateful that you always support me and appreciate reading the stuff I write in my blog, haha! You are the sweetest and the most wonderful loving husband.

      Delete

Let's Be Friends

From Bride To Wife And A Mom