My New Life As A Wife

Our journey of love as husband and wife
A woman's life changes at the very moment she said, "Yes" and "I Do". You would experience the transition of your life from being a single woman and engaged to be married, and that happens when a ring is put on your finger and agreed to get married with the man who holds your heart to become his wife.

When I was engaged, everything seems overwhelming and I couldn't imagine myself having this wishful thinking about how I answered the big question. I could always remember the excitement that I felt and all the stressed that I had experienced when I was planning our wedding. If you're a bride-to-be, just try to imagine that the last year of your life as being single was taken up with planning for the big event of your life which only happens in a day. Our wedding day includes tears of joy, feeling of nervousness and uneasiness, but with so much excitement. The day after the big celebration, I was having this feeling of extreme happiness like floating in the air, even when we returned back from our honeymoon. The relationship I have with the man that I once referred to as my "boyfriend" and now my "husband" is still the same, but this time it's becoming more real because I was able to see our differences in the commitment of marriage that we both shared for the rest of our lives together.

My new life as a wife was something I was trying to sink in my mind because I know that the transition of being a "wife or wifey" could take time to fully understand its duties and responsibilities. I have come to realize that I am changing from a bride to a wife, and I know that it would sound so silly asking myself, "What should I wear as a wife?" or "How does a wife look like?", but I now understand that becoming a wife changes my own perspective as a woman. I told myself that I am essentially the same person as I was before, but now I have a new name and eventually a new home. I have someone else to consider in my life with, as my actions would reflect to them as well, for I had chosen to commit myself and my soul to the person I pledge my love and vows in marriage. I know my life has changed and I am now married, living a different kind of life and embracing a mature way of love for me to be able to accept the priorities it can do to my marriage. I am no expect in marriage, but I have witnessed and learned a bit from my own parents. They inspired me to ultimately create a unique and lasting foundation of marriage. My parents always reminded me that marriage requires a lot of work, but the other aspect of marriage just comes naturally for both husband and wife. Although, it was one of the hardest things to build, but it is the most rewarding job a married couple could take. My mom told me that the first year of marriage is an adjustment period, as we are going to learn things about each other - things that we never knew during our dating stage. My husband and I always take it as a challenge to look at the issues whether it could be big or small, and we talk it over together, or else, nothing will ever go away. We always have this mutual understanding to make our marriage work on every level. I firmly believe that in marriage the couple should include many forms of love such as friendship, romance, passion, and a good communication to spice up their relationship as husband and wife.

Although, I have not completely experience the whole wife thing because I am only married for 7 months, but I know in my heart the kind of wife I want to be. A loving, honest, and compassionate wife is all I ever wanted. I know it wouldn't be easy to becoming one, but being a woman that your husband could ever count and depend on through thick and thin is what matters the most. Being a wife is a beautiful gift that every woman should embrace, because God has designed us the marriage that was meant for us and to be the kind of wife towards our husband. Always remember the time when you prayed to God that He should introduce you to the man He has prepared for you. Even when you're already married to the man you have prayed for, always seek God for guidance and blessings to help you strengthen your days and be able to face all the challenges and obstacles in life. In the long run, it is the foundation that my husband and I built from the beginning of our relationship that we will have as our great support in each others' lives, and to keep our marriage as a whole. It is a journey of our love that one day we will be proud and happy to share it to our children.

A woman wouldn't understand what it takes to be a wife when she becomes one, as she learns to put the needs of her husband before her own needs. I know that every girl dreams of becoming the most beautiful bride in the most elegant dress on their wedding day, but we always forget to ask God to help and prepare us to be spiritually and emotionally ready in becoming a wife. There are so many things to look forward to as a we start our new life as a wife, and God has many plans for us and for our family as we commit our willingness to learn about ourselves and our husband, because it is the key to have a lifelong happy relationship. Embrace marriage as much as being a wife, for it is the testimony of God's love for us to be a happy wife and live a happy life.


Post a Comment

Let's Be Friends

From Bride To Wife And A Mom